I'm working at playing the guitar again
A decade had passed & the past is stained
With regrets and missed opportunities
But I've got to believe it's getting me to
Where I need to be
I'm starting at the beginning again
Learning the chords and strumming
The simple things that are still a pain
To remember and do right without having
To look at my hands or over thinking
Each move and motion while I find the rhythm
I don't have calluses yet so the strings
Cut into my fingers in no time
I have to remember to practice
To do it often enough that it'll sink in
To be patient and take my time
Taking it step by step
Not trying to rush it just because
I let a decade pass
While I let another dream
Gather dust and come apart at the seams
Those worries must be in the past
While I take action to build my dreams
Back up and forget about old regrets
I'm not playing any songs yet
Just slowly strumming out chords
Learning to shift from one to another
Like learning to trust a lover
After having been scorned
So many times before
No comments:
Post a Comment