Sunday, December 2, 2012

To an Ailing Family Member


I'm not ready to say good bye
And I won't be for a long time
So you don't get to go anywhere
I realize I must live my own life
Figure out my own path
But should I have to do it
With out you by my side
Or at least a phone call away
So I'm not asking you
I am telling you to stay
Whether you think you
Have a choice in this or not
You are not going anywhere
At least not very far for very long
Sure I can be brave and strong
But should I have to do so alone
I love you
I always will
No matter where you go
No matter how far away
Or for how long you go
I love you
I always will
Sure I could live on with out you
But I don't want to have to
I want to be able to call you
When I have good news
I want to have you listen
When I don't know what to do
You don't have to say a thing
Though I would prefer that you do
I want to have the choice to see you
To see your face
And feel your embrace
Whether your eyes are happy or sad
Whether your feeling good or bad
I will be there whenever I can
So please don't go
Not anytime soon
Stay here for as long as you can



No comments:

Post a Comment