A random mix of Poetry/ Prose, true tales of adventures, bits of fiction I'm working on, and occasionally just the oddball stuff I have to get out of my head...
Saturday, March 2, 2013
Mini Rant / Random Tui Thoughts of the Week
I had a realization last night in conversation... I haven't worked on writing my stories in a while because it's work. I write poems still pretty often, but those - while sometimes tricky to get the rhythm and wording down- are partly stream of consciousness & mostly just pour out of me. They are not work. I really do want to get more stories written & now realize I have to treat it more like a job.
So I now that have a "Day Job" I don't have to worry about bills. I can finally tell people where I work, instead that I don't, but try not to act embarrassed that it's back in retail. Yet it's still not answer to "What I Do". Because that answer includes stuff like work at a job & that I write, take lots of photos, do crafts, travel, hang with & help friends & family, go to shows, study anthropology, train in archery, & watch movies...
It's not a career, but it is my life.
& I realize it's time to get serious about "Moonlighting" & WORK at making some of my hobbies & dreams more than just that.
So yeah... ;)
How's your Saturday? LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment