Monday, November 1, 2010

A Facebook repost: 25 Random Things About Me...

(Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.)

(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)(Side note: Ack, it was hard for me to figure out 25 people to pester with this, because it's sort of like a chain letter and I hate those... but this is more fun, although I know it's like those silly stupid addictive surveys that were so popular on Myspace. Also, technically it's well more than 25 that I posted really.)


1. I'm very good at procrastinating. 2 good examples: James sent me this, or tagged me or however, to do this back in June, 4 months ago. Also, I should be working on a stupid conference list/schedule at work and have to get it done today, but I'm doing this instead because it was putting me to sleep. Soon, really. (Actually, I finally finished the Conference Schedule instead of this, and a week later... here we are... LOL)

2. I used to speak my own language, only a few people understood it. I had to unlearn it because one idiot teacher thought I was retarded. Some of my own words are still in my vocabulary. 

3. There is a mental condition named after me or having to do with me that is: Tuiosis ~ the state of confusion brought on by being in the presence of Tui. (my friend Josh C. was the first one diagnosed)

4. I can't pick favorites. Color ~ black or jewel tones, not pastel - yuck. Ask me 1 favorite and 3-5 always pop in my head to say of almost anything. It all depends on my mood or the day of the week. Often times if it's and either/or question I want to say both, all of the above, or none.

5. As a child I was a triple threat ~ to myself. I tripped over my own feet, had a speech impediment, and a unique name.

6. I have lots of collections. Mostly stuff for crafts, but also pictures, little figures of fantasy creatures, small bottles... I even collect people, but don't worry I only keep the rocks and shells in boxes, my friends come and go as they please. 

7. When I'm excited, drunk or really nervous I tend to babble. Sometimes even when I'm bored

8. I write stories, poems, random thoughts for fun or to help me get through stress. Unfortunately I suck at writing letters and keeping up correspondence with friends and family and have lost touch w/ many people because of it. 

9. Photography is one of my great loves. Movies and music too.   

10. Apparently I have a very unique style of dancing that makes it easy to spot me on a dance floor. I love to dance, but I can't seem to help doing it to my own rhythm. One day I'll learn to count the beat and hit it. I want to get better at belly dancing, learn swing again, and a few other styles too like the foxtrot (that one just sounds cool).

11.  I miss traveling very much. I once saved my pennies and spent over 4 months in Europe traveling through 8 countries. About the best thing I've ever done. I've decided to start a blog soon to chronicle my past travels to inspire myself (and others) to save and prep for another big adventure. 

12. My friend Greg told me I attract randomness, he's right, I like variety and strange things happen around me and to me all the time. I've also been told that Trouble should be my middle name, so true... ;)

13. I have horrible taste in guys to date. 

14. My style is somewhere between So. Cal beach girl, punk rocker, shabby chic, gypsy and retro with a smidgen of biz casz. I've been told it's called BoHo, but that's about the ickyist term ever.

15. Being creative runs in my family, my mom especially is a fantastic artist and works in almost every medium.  http://www.pheemcfaddell.com/   ~ my mom's website
Though I strongly believe everyone is creative in some way or at least has the ability. I do a few artsy/crafty things myself incl. wood burning, collaging stuff like suitcases, drawing and am learning to design and make costumes. 

16. My birthday falls on Thanksgiving about every seven years. 

17. I suck at pop trivia, balancing on anything but my own feet, can't hold a tune, am horribly forgetful... 

18. Bubbles and fireworks still fascinate me.

19.  I'm always running late but hate to be rushed. Though I admit I do need a push every so often.

20. Love being near the water, oceans or streams, but I'm cursed w/ water problems at home. I've had so many weird roof leaks and water heater problems it's amazing, think they're finally over now that I'm in my new place.

21. They really do need to invent a time traveling device, forcefields and teleporters. Just think of the things we could do. Time traveling would just be epic fun and you could learn so much. Forcefields bring infinite possibilities from keeping your cat out of the closet to stopping fights or even wars. Just think of the gas you'd save if you had a teleporter, and I wouldn't be late so much!

22. I would love to be able to visit the roaring 20s, Hollywood when it was known for glamour, Ireland when it was still covered w/ forests, Victorian London, Italy during the Renaissance... many time periods & places. But I'm so glad I live now and not then.

23.   I used to think I was afraid of heights, but then I learned I'm really afraid of falling. I can barely stand rock climbing or being on a ladder but I have no problem on a plane or tall building. I do love roller coasters and am seriously thinking of going skydiving.

24. My answer to what superpower I would have is usually telekinesis, but then I wonder if it wouldn't make me horribly lazy. My favorite of the X-men was always Rogue, followed by Gambit and Psylocke. 

25. My unique name: my parents threw coins to get it from a book called the I Ching which says my name essentially means Youngest Daughter & Joyous Lake, I am the youngest of 6 kids and born near Cuyamacca Lake. It's also the name of a Bird and a Beer in New Zealand and a Fish in N.W. US

No comments:

Post a Comment