I feel like I just woke up
From a coma that lasted years
That I've been recovering from
My mind and body being nearly
Dormant for so very long
I'm looking back at all the time
Wasted and try to remember I'm strong
For just having gotten through fine
But I'm so angry with myself
Somedays for what I helped happen
Like a drug induced over dose
I said yes instead of no
I stayed there don't you see
I should have walked away long ago
Now I have all this time to look
Back on, and try to tell my self
No regrets, to put it on the shelf
All that hate along with the book
Full of lies given to me long ago
Light a box of matches, throw it back
Watch it burn up in ash and smoke
Then turn around and never look back
I feel like I've missed something
Sometimes, usually late at night
When I hear the songs others sing
About grand adventures and sights
But I know it's never too late
If I wake up tomorrow
I'm going to plan a trip, set a date
With wild abandon and kiss sorrow
A long bitter sweet farewell
No comments:
Post a Comment