Release of the heart like this is rare and scary...
The song calls quietly and sweetly, though
At this hour it calls in a manic kind of way
Although your story is short and sweet
We know how to disregard this stay
Of heart, to let it go as taught by
The grand persons that came before us
To know the stories but ignore them by and by
You know the key to sing my dear
Is there any more to care about really
I give you this bit of hope to hold on to
I ask you to hold on to it dearly
It may be all we have in these dark days
That may come, whether by our making
Or the bureaucracy of the mob mentality
To believe what the group wants us too
I tell you, I do not mean to stay and be
As they preached to us, in that way
To not see between the lines and be swayed
By the majority rule of what should be
Please take my hand, wrap your arms around
My heart, in the darkness of night I'll see
What you've been trying to tell me
That we can be free simply by believing
By being and living a free fun life...
That it is possible even in this crazy world
If you're here by my side...
No comments:
Post a Comment