Thursday, October 7, 2010

After visiting a local Haunt...

Hmmm... Can I actually post something everyday and not have it be boring?
I suppose if it's just a few random and not overly detailed thoughts.... Not sure everyday is going to work. We shall see...

After Visiting a Local Haunt
Dead tired and heading to sleep soon.
Was out and about downtown
Watched Zombies and Ghouls
Though hallows eve is not yet
Upon us, indeed the actors
Put on a fine show filled with screams
Now I should have crashed ages ago
Though awake I am, my brain going
Wildly of things that breed dreams
That would scare anyone from the bed

So I wrote this a week ago... I was too tired to finish. So to answer the question I asked myself, no I can't post everyday. It's not a matter of whether it'd get boring, which if I did post every day it might. But instead that I simply am not able to post every day, it's just not how I work. Maybe nearly, almost everyday, sometimes more than once a day if I find the inspiration and the time. That is the magic combination indeed, the muse and timing.

Night Terrors
I keep my mind closed
For I fear what I might let out
Haven't you ever been afraid
Of the dark slivery dreams
That wake you from sleep
Screaming sweating and sitting
Straight up as if you are about to rush
Away from what felt so real
You look out into the darkness of
Mid Night and for a moment
Think yourself blind
Suck in your breath from the relentless
Fear that has gripped you and sent
You to a place that doesn't exist
But makes you glad for the daily
Grind and the happy day dreams
You can think up but not have
For that life as horrible as it seems
During the daylight is indeed
So much better than that darkness
That can get you when you try to rest
If you are haunted by nightmares


So often my ideas come when least convenient, usually when I'm driving and can't write. For some reason when I'm working on getting from point A to point B is when I'm distracted enough from life's worries, but have to be somewhat focused and can't completely space out, that's when my ideas seem to come the most. One of these days I'll think to have a recorder in the car. Till then I just have to hope to be lucky and remember the thoughts that pop into my head and race around it while the tires spin me home....
The previous bit popped into my head tonight on the way home and was inspired by movie promos for upcoming Halloween season themed movies (ie My Soul To Take and Let the Right One In)

No comments:

Post a Comment