You completely devastated me
In the best kind of way
In the dance I was free
In that moment I wanted to stay
You could not change the distance
Nor how you felt about me
The music put us in a trance
It was enough to believe
That everything could be as it seemed
Nothing more was needed
Though in all honesty it was wanted
I gave you everything I had
In that very moment
It may not have been all of me
It was all I was able
Still you walked away
You had no choice
You could not stay
The music continues on
Do we find a way to stay strong
Do we find a way to get along
With each other in this struggle
Such is life, such is love
As a great philosopher once said
Unrequited love is the greatest of all
Unappreciated things,
And I will love you always for that dance....
No comments:
Post a Comment