Mercy and forgiveness, or just stupidity?
The tears running down my face now
Well they tell me that being bad would
Have been good
Not letting him walk away
Not trying to let it go
That's gone over so very well
What the fuck is wrong with me
That he can still get under my skin
And am I really the better person
For letting him walk way from it
For not letting him have it finally
For not telling him what an asshole
He is being or finally punching him
In the face, He deserves it
To be knocked out of his senses
Or maybe even into them
"Be Good"
My mom has gotten in the habit
Lately, I've noticed
Of saying for me to "be good"
I'm not really sure what that means
Not really, anymore, these days
Does my meaning fit up to hers
Does me living a full life
Mean not being good in some way
If so I don't want it honestly
Not that I want to hurt her or
Make her not like what I do
However I won't be what some
Old fashioned version of good
Used to be, I live in the here and now
I'm going to live the best I know how
That's just going to have to be good enough
For everyone involved
Maybe I'm being to harsh
I'm sure she's just trying to look out
For me, to remind me to do my best
To take care of myself and the rest
Shall fall into place
Good, like beauty, is in the eye
Of the beholder and we often mistake
What we want for what is right
Everyday a new decisions to make
Forever trying to find a happy
Medium between heart and brain
Between logic and emotion
What you must do is remain
True to yourself, not worry about resolution
Seek what you dream for and not be fake
Do you best to go with the flow
Try to think of obstacles and mistakes
As learning lessons and you'll show
Everyone that you're good, in your own way
No comments:
Post a Comment