This is my top 5...
Hawaii ~ to see my Aunt Patty, hang with my favorite Sister-in-law Denise & search out some beautiful waterfalls. Feel that hot sand and see those spiders and geekos I remember from when I was there when I was only four, also all the other wonderful things that the Islands have to offer...
Italy ~ The food may not be as good as France from what I've been told. However, to see the architecture, the art, the atmosphere... well I don't really know how to say it, but I have to go.
Scotland ~ for many reasons... some of my family was from there, it's beautiful and such, I have friends that were born there and a few that still live there, and I have a short story or maybe full on novel set there.
New Zealand ~ So many reasons but it all starts with the bird and ends with the beer... of course I'd love to see all the amazing landscape that changes rapidly throughout the areas, but really it has to do with my name initially. I really want to see and hear a Tui bird and go to the Tui Brewery, and have lots and lots of Tui lager and Tui Blonde!
New York City ~ However, with 2 special pre-requisites: to go with someone who knows the town and can show me around and w/ a ticket to a Broadway show. It was one thing to go alone to Ireland, I loved it and would do it again in a heartbeat, but to go to the big city ~ the Big Apple, well I just prefer to go with someone who knows the ins and outs of a place that's not so easy to figure out on ones own.
That's my Top Five, don't get me wrong... there are many more places I want to go, many many many more... but those were my top five...
There are many places in the states I want to see: Yosemite, the Carolinas or Maryland during the fall change, Chicago (particularly the underground),Colorado where my GG Grandparents first settled and I have the journal entries about their travels, Salem, MA and WA near the beach where my Uncle Jon lives to start with...
I also very much want to travel to India and many places in it, to go to Morocco, the wonderful all inclusive spot in Jamaica my sister went to, the Caribbean, China where I could find marble stamps with my name on it like my grandmother did and learn about beautiful art and proverbs, any wonderful blue/green beach, Prague, Beerfest in Munich, the Bone Church in Moscow, the underground of Paris and wonderful little towns with their fabulous food and heritage in Southern France...
aw yes the list could truly go on for quite a while, though that does cover quite a bit.
A few places I'd love to go back to: Ireland and Greece most of all.
That's the start of my bucket list...
I have a few more that have nothing to do with travel:
- Skydive ~ cause how else does one face a fear of flying / falling?
- Taking an outdoor adventure somewhere like Kenya, the sort where you live off the land or close to it
- Stay in a Castle in Europe, preferably an authentic one thats not horribly run down or really touristy.
- Publish a Book of my short stories, maybe a novel too or two of my fantasy stories, also a coffee table sort of book of photos of crazy staircases and interesting reflections
- Write a book of my GG Grandmother K. Brackenbury's travels from England to Colorado then SD
- Own some property
- Publish a poem again
- Have my own business again, even if on the side
- As cheesy as it sounds ~ Fall in love (someday) and have it be mutual.
- Live in The City for a while ~ LA, SF, or NY would count... SD doesn't, though it'll aways be my home
- If I never have kids (which I'm not totally ruling out, but it isn't likely) know I've helped a few a long the way at having life a bit better
- Always find time time here and there to volunteer with some great events & causes.
- Go to New Orleans for Marde Gras
- A cross country (or close) road trip with friends, a crazy trip or a few to Vegas too. Going w/ boyfriends is so boring, at least the idiots I've dated.
- Get a Credit in a Movie ~ why the F' not, it's a freak'n bucket list! Though as a PA or DA would suit me quite well
- Since I'm going there ~ go to the Playboy Mansion for a party, preferably Halloween
That's all I can think of for now, it's pretty personal (meaning there's lots of things I would want to happen for other people, but that has nothing to do w/ a bucket list) and there definitely a few things I could add, but it's pretty good for a start ;)
This suits me pretty well...
I could add things about my hobbies and my art but they are ever changing and evolving...
About my career, well for now that's about money, though part of my bucket list (if I would be truly honest) would be to find something to do to make money that I love to do... but for now~ doing work with good people that affords me time to do things I love and makes me just enough money to do them, well that's pretty damned good indeed!
F*#k, as I told somebody last week, at one point many years ago my biggest goal was just to have a job with no damned name tag. I love my oddball name, truly, though it can be very annoying at times. You ever try having to repeat the story or meaning to your name every 4.5 minutes throughout an 8 hr shift day to day, over and over again? It's awfully frustrating, no matter how sure of yourself you are or who you might be, it can still be nerve-racking at times.
I think ur too young for a bucket list..
ReplyDelete