Time has flown by so fast again
I know it's no excuse, no reason
Not for me to say I had
Any right to not write you before now
To let another season pass
It's always what I've said in the past
Empty excuses & small white lies followed
By empty sorrow for time past
With out your presence
Whether of body or voice or heart
We live our lives like bees or dragonflies
So busy & so used to buzzing about
That we don't know how to stop
To just enjoy each other while we can
I can only be who I am & I've ran
From myself plenty of times before
It gets me nowhere - but in messy circles
I can cross my heart with threat of
Poked out eyes
That I will stop
To say Hi
I will try to pause to look at the stars
To look at your face and remember your eyes
Their color
Maybe even the words
Maybe even the words
Written in them, those that float up from your soul
Your expression and the graceful way you say certain things
Or the silly stuff you do when you think
No one is looking
I can promise, but I am me & a crazy fool
Most days of the week
No comments:
Post a Comment