I have this oddball obsession with spirals
No you don't have worry it's not viral
I keep getting a this darn cold
Still I'm not ready to give up & fold
Give me a crazy idea & I'm sold
Yet I can't seem to decide on anything
So don't bother offering me a ring
Unless it's made of hard candy
One of raspberry would be dandy
Then my tongue would be red
Instead of pink a color I dread
Just passing time playing with words
Like kids slaying each other with fake swords
Sometimes we have to find any way
To have some fun while the sun is away
Stuck inside while the wind whips wildly
Strange weather is putting it mildly
The sort that puts one in the oddest of moods
Makes you think of getting lost in the woods
Or trying to sate your appetite with weird foods
Of adventures far away where nothing
Looks the same and there's always something
New to do or see in places far away
Though sometimes it can be nice to stay
In one place and enjoy quiet moments of nothing
Thinking of all the places you could be
The people you could meet and things to see
And not having to be anywhere but home relaxing
Writing silly words and listing to the wind whipping
Outside and being warm inside and being able
To smile at silly thoughts & dreaming up a fable
About someone somewhere who feels perfectly fine
After a bit of rest that story will soon be mine
No comments:
Post a Comment