Lot's of rest, a good movie, part of a good book & some great music. A quiet New Years Day, still trying to get rid of a cold. Lot's of tea, water & relaxing. Yes, it's late. I can't seem to help it even with a cold & chamomile tea. Just can't seem to get myself to go to bed before midnight these days, let alone 1-2am. I need to work on that I suppose to make work days easier & fight future colds. They do say one does better with more sleep. You see... tomorrow I can sleep in & the day after too, that's part of what makes it so hard because then Tuesday morning will come & I have to get up & go to work. I'll do it & be nearly on time...
Anyway I'm rambling & it's late so I'll get to the point, even with this damned cold & being limited by it;
It's still been a good day.
With a bit of determination to take care of myself first & then work on some goals, I'll get over this cold & soon be starting this year right... it's gonna be great.
I know staying up so late is maybe not the best start, but eh Rome wasn't built in a day & I'm not going to change over night. Some habits die hard, what can I say... but I'll work on setting back the clock an hour or two if ya know what I mean, for my health. In other words -
I add one more New Years resolution: I'll work on getting to bed before midnight so I can get more sleep. Except on the days where it's worth it of course. ;)
In a way I suppose I have
Already failed on my resolution
To write each day to pave the way
To sharing my stories & a solution
Of sorts to abating some of my fears
That is, if I considered midnight the transition
Point to the next day
Technically yes it's tomorrow and I did not
Write a word yesterday
Unless you count emails & texts
But nothing creative, not yet
The fact is I don't consider it the next
Day until morning & that time
In my opinion does not start
Till the light of dawn approaches
Night is marked by darkness
Though truly I should try harder
To get to bed sooner
To have all the things I mean to do
Done long before this late hour
If indeed I also I wish to
Get enough sleep & be well
So either way I have now written
A few arbitrary words to quell
The urge that has bitten me
To keep this promise you see
Don't worry I shall
Try to get started earlier on
Now I bid you Good Night
& Sweet Dreams my friend
Oh, one last observation before I go: I've noticed I'm not used to doing anything with out music on, or the TV, though mostly music. The only time I'm with out any kind of back ground noise, the good kind of course & not the stuff you can help, is sometimes when I write to make it easier to concentrate on my own thoughts & when I sleep. Other wise I prefer there to be some music in the back ground. Especially if I'm cleaning, I'm so much more productive w/ a beat going.
With that last thought I bid you adieu. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment