I'm avoiding homework again
Can't seem to explain why
Just how it is w/ my current
Lack of determination
It's been a frustrating semester
Mostly outside of the one class I'm taking
Many a great time had during the last few months
But also a lot of not feeling well
Of being stressed at work
And confused about what I'm doing
When I say "what", I do mean all of it
Work, home, hobbies, and my time
If I should be doing other things
or doing the same things differently
But again most of that has paled to
Time spent w/ friends & family
and what I have managed to accomplish
So though days like this are heavy and strange
They are the minority, luckily, and I'm working
On remembering that and not focusing on it
Instead concentrating on the better sides
The productive &/or fun stuff
Procrastination
I sit and wait
Like the book
Will open itself
The pencil will move
Of it's own accord.
There is work to be done
Assignments to be completed
Yet I'd rather write about the waves
Then concentrate on my studies
Read about others adventures
Than face my own chores
This is normal I know
To avoid the things we'd
Rather not do
Just as I know
That I need to push through
Find the motivation
So I may enjoy the satisfaction
Of marking another task
Off my to do list
Maybe even find I enjoy it
Once I dive in
Reading odd tales
Running random errands
Writing strange exercises
And being able to say that I
Put in the time & effort needed
Without failing myself or anyone else
So off the computer goes
For now, while I redirect my focus
And do what needs to be done
No comments:
Post a Comment