Friday, April 8, 2011

Make the most of today...

Forgotten nights & forgotten dreams
Lay by the bedside as I wake
But today I leave my regrets
With them as well to dissipate
With the morning dew
Time to stop procrastinating
I have things to do
Stories and verses to write
Plans to make for today
For tomorrow
No more waiting for later
Or blaming my lethargy on
Days that haven't gone the way
I would have hoped
Of memories I'd rather forget
Or times I've lost
Nights I can't remember
Or even the ones I couldn't
Make last longer
I can't say my regrets
Will be gone from me truly
I still carry their weight a bit
Though they are not the same
Anchor weighing me down
Like me they have changed
They are my jacket that keeps
Me warm on cold nights
A reminder of times survived
Of laughter had and ahead
I may remember the strangest things
Then forget your name
But for today at least
I will not dwell on these things
Having no shame
I'll go with the flow
Play the cards I'm dealt
But keep a two of spades
Up my sleeve just in case
I'm gonna make the most of
This day
Try not to waste
Another moment on worry
Of what may be
Just make the most of today

No comments:

Post a Comment