Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Saying Good Night...

Been forever since I saw you last
How can it feel like yesterday
When I've forgotten so many things that have past
Know I never knew you that way
Not much further than hello how's your day
The time went by too damn fast
Can't help that I don't want to see you go
Even for a just a few days
What happens if I blink, do you know
I do, I might forget the way
It was when you made me smile
Fuck if I even remember your name
I'm doing good these days
The memories continue to pile
Up in so many stacks yet theres no way
I get to pick which ones I get to keep
People are the same exact way
So I can't help it if I want you to stay
Sure I can pretend I don't & just sleep
Ignore it and wish it all away
Not like I haven't lost others along the way
Or that I may not see you another day
That I'll be busy tomorrow anyway
That I've got things to do myself for myself
Still doesn't mean I should pretend
I want you to walk away or that it's the unselfish
Thing to do to hide what I want instead
Fuck if I know the right thing to say
At a any typical time and I've already said
Too damn much but not enough to make
You understand why I looked away
No matter what I do I keep making the same mistake
Whether I'm holding too tight and saying too much
Or ignoring everything and waiting, being fake
Not being myself, it's all the same such bullshit
It's always too soon or too late
Yet today seems a bit different
Maybe I'll have a bit of luck and fate
Will smile on me for another day
Because I don't care anymore about what's waiting
For me tomorrow or what titles we use or the way
That yesterday had to end
I know I'll see you some other day
So for now I'm going to go my own way

No comments:

Post a Comment