Friday, May 27, 2011

Slightly buzzed frustrations...

Procrastination & Frustration
So many times I’ve quit
Before I’ve really tried
Don’t ask me the reasons
I have no answers why
Apparently I’ve accomplished enough
That I seem a failure only to myself
This constant state of self sabotage
And continuing to deny myself
What I want for no better reason
Than it doesn’t seem the right season
Not the right time to reach
For what may be within my grasp
Letting too much time lapse
Though I know deep within
That no time is perfect indeed
All we can do is hope & plan
For tomorrow, planting a seed
For what may in fact be
And make the best of today
Yet believing doesn’t change the way
That I end up living this day no matter
What I may know or understand
Yet for all of my crazy dark words
On my feet I do usually land
And if I wobble or fall then a friend
Is not very far with a hand to lend


My mind racing with ideas
But no actual direction nor
Determination to proceed
I feel like it’s just out of reach
But maybe I’m just not
Willing to take a leap
It’s a sad pathetic excuse
When falling is not the
Worst possibility out there

Stagnation 
Strange feeling like I can
Do anything but not knowing
What way to go and then
Ending up spinning out of control
Or facing the fork in the road
Only to return the way I came
Choosing to go the road I know
Knowing neither path would be wrong
Being lost is not nearly so bad
As being stagnant and learning nothing

Cola 
If a soda isn’t enjoyed chilled
Out of the can in a slightly calm state
There’s only two ways it can go
Shaken it looses all it’s fizz
In an explosive depriving burst
Or it sits and sadly it just dissipates
Both outcomes are an awful fate

No comments:

Post a Comment