Friday, May 11, 2012

Choices and change...

I don't know what I'm trying to say
I woke up the other day
I wasn't alone and it felt right
Then it all changed again
Nothing can stay
I know it's true
Everything must rearrange 
Every so often and be made new
I could hold my breath
Till I'm blue in the face
But it wouldn't have made him 
Do anything any differently
We went our separate ways
The way it should be
Both supported by family
Our choices we make as we go
Even when they are not our own
We always have a choice 
They say but sometimes making
The right one will feel wrong
I wish I felt strong
That I was doing all I could do
I know I'm not though
I know there is more I could be
Doing for me
I have to forget about you now
I have to do whatever I can
To just go to bed and get up again
The next morning and be okay
It sounds foolish and so easy
You've fought battles far away
I probably sound crazy
That most of my battle is 
Right here in my head
But I know I'm not crazy
Scared and lonely maybe
Perhaps even rather lazy
I'm fighting to find my purpose
While you fight for my rights
I'm glad we had that one night
Though I hope to see you again
Sometime soon my friend
Till then I've got to live on
But I'll always keep my dance 
Card open for you to step in
When you get a chance

No comments:

Post a Comment