Thursday, August 30, 2012

Road Trip

I've been away for a while
I took a trip in my car
I drove on my own
But friends were never far
I never really felt alone
Though I traveled to places
That were unknown to me
Saw beautiful sights & faces
Was reminded of sadness
and Greeted with smiles
Moments that will always
Be with me till the end of my days
I could not stay
In any one place for much time
Had to move along the road
Keep following the lines on the map
To see what else I might find
I don't know what I was looking for
I don't think that I found it
What I did find though was much more
No great answers to old questions
No compass to give me directions
Instead I had fantastic experiences
and Wonderful conversations
When I came home alone
I was still me
Still scared and excited about tomorrow
Still feeling quite lost and unsure
About my place in a quotidian world
But I'd had an incredible journey


No comments:

Post a Comment