A few poems…
Release
Looking back I realize that
With such heavy countenance I write
Or at least, have written and spoken
Pleading with my heart and head to release
The worries that that hold my sight
Lingering and refusing to cease
I am done with it now I dare say
Moving on to wistful & riotous things
On grassy plains I’ll lay
There are rock songs to horribly sing
I’m done caring about what I haven’t done
Or bills that need to be paid
Dammit I’m ready for some fun
Time to kidnap a friend and buy a ticket
To nowhere in particular and bake in the sun
To run from the grind and stick it
To the man, whatever that means
Tell me will you come cause some trouble
With me, rip things apart at the seems
Laugh in the face of danger
Be silly and giggle just because
Refuse to let fools anger us
Doing just as we want, just as we please…
No More
I gave you my words
I gave you my words
I gave you my heart
We could not move forward
It was time to part
To people I should recognize with names I’ve forgotten… To the friends I’ve made recently or long long ago. To strangers that aren’t so very strange…
Ever so Forgetful & Grateful
I’ve moved on, forward in time
I can barely remember the past
I look for your face and cannot find it
Try to remember the names
It all went by too fast
So much has changed, I feel lame
Knew you once, but even my reflection
Barely looks like I remember it
A picture, moment of perfection
Now I’m not sure how to make things fit
The ones I remember well are lost
Or distorted by the passing of time
I cannot stop it or imagine what cost
I pay for going on, but the crime
Is not in doing what needs to be done
I may be forgetful and foolish
I am what I am, I’ve learned not to regret
What I cannot undo nor do I wish
To change the past or have things set
Still in time unmoving
I make new friends, new extended family
I keep on going not knowing what’s next
I refuse to apologize or say sorry
For these things, as simple or complex
As they may seem, they simply are
Still it does not mean I do not miss
Those I have not seen in a while
Fresh in my mind or far off in the grey abyss
Know that I am grateful for all the kind
People I have known and will find
As I travel onward throughout my days
No comments:
Post a Comment