A couple of poems from a while back when I was a bit stressed out...
About chance encounters, confused emotions, and an opportunity that turned out to be more trouble than it was worth. So I wrote, talked to friends, went out for drinks and walks, put my head down and worked... continued on... found other adventures...
Unrequited Love
Was I just another notch in you belt Was I crazy for thinking I felt
Something more, the time we spent together
Having drinks and talking bout the weather
Yet you have moved on along
And all I have is that damn song
Stuck in my head from when we danced
We met by luck or chance
Then due to life parted our ways
Perhaps all we needed was those few days
Self Sabotage
What ties me to this place?
A false security and scratchy eyes
What is it I can not face
About the mirror and its lies
For once I have to try to believe
What I see is not the truth at all
But some horrible notion preconceived
From mistreatment long for stalled
With in my memory instead of being
Left with in the past to fade away
When there is so much to be seeing
If I only open a new door instead of staying
Somewhere that seems safe and kind
But instead is as flimsy and treacherous as anything
When indeed I know that I could find
Adventure worth that of day dreams
If I do nothing I will bring to my self
Such darkness to make nightmares seem sweet
As it turns out I didn't do nothing, but I passed up on dealing w/ a organizational & dramatic nightmare. I'm plenty busy...
No comments:
Post a Comment