(old stuff that had been left in the editing room)
... of My Life
Living my life while
just scratching the surface
Of what lies beneath my skin
Sure I may wear my emotions
On my sleeve
But few, if any have ever seen
What desires lay with in
It is not that I lie to others
Intentionally, if at all
Nor do I know if it is fear
or not truly knowing myself
That keeps me from delving deeper
Not showing or saying more
Not trying harder or fighting harder
All I know is I haven't yet broken
The skin, my blood beneath just warm
What am I trying to say you may ask
Why have I not before searched
For the words is my only answer
Why do I look back and think
I could have done more
Feeling that in just a blink
Of an eye so much time has past
And I with so little to show
I've never broken a bone
My scars are few
Only a few stories to tell
Will those memories last
When their numbers seem so small
... of our Situation
Trying to rationalize and analyze
The situation though no good end
Can in fact be realized by it
There is nothing to understand
Nothing to figure out about it
We have to live in the moment
Whether it is what it is or
More a matter of what it isn't
We are just scratching the surface
But maybe better that than digging in
Then to be tearing everything to shreds
Till blood runs from wounded skin
That will never really heal
Till we drive ourselves mad on
Over thinking how we feel
Or the situation at hand and
Push everyone else away
With our stir crazed ways
Instead of just finding a way
To go with the flow but stay
True to ourselves along the way
Why can't we just be
Instead of having to put
Names and rules onto everything
While just scratching the surface
Of who we are under our fake facades
Why can't we just put aside
Our preconceived notions and expectations
Of each other and ride the waves
As they come instead of finding ways
To destroy one another
Either directly or with apathy
I for one
Would like to find a another way
No comments:
Post a Comment