Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Next Chapter...

The past may be behind me
But I still feel it's pull on me
Like I was never successful
At sawing through the chains
They still tug at me like stains
On my shirt reminding me
Of mistakes made
Of spilled milk that I haven't
Learned to ignore and let
Someone else deal with for once
Always cleaning up others messes
While my ever growing stresses
Rise like a wave about to break
I'm tired of being scared of taking
That leap forward and making
A drastic change
I don't really know what I want
I don't really know what I'm afraid of
While my life was on pause
The rest of the wold moved on
Others learned, saw, lost, and fought
Now it's my turn to make a move
To put blinders on the past
Let it be no more than the last
Chapter in a book that can be
Reread but must be set aside
For the next volume
For adventure awaits in the next pages
I can't check the back for answers
I have to have faith in the choices
I make from this moment forward
No matter the worries that whisper
In my ear and darken my peripheral
I need to trust in the direction I take

No comments:

Post a Comment