Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Late night confessions...

It's true under enough stress
I might indeed be willing to confess
All of my unfortunate regrets to
A complete stranger met in a dark bar
On a dark night when trying to get far
Away form my worries and cares
But remember, only those that have fared
The hard times with me and shown they really care
Will ever have the chance the know my hearts desires
To ever glimpse the fire that burns with in

I've faced the bottom of a bottle
And known what to do, I won't lie
I go to the bar and order another two or three
I've gone plenty of days dry
Generally I know when it's best to leave
Some days a drink is the best cure for the blues
But there's plenty of other ways to sooth
A worried mind for sure and escape
Is of course very temporary
But laughs with friends no matter what state
Of mind you're in or where you are
Is truly the greatest way to get far away
From a bad mood

Do you kiss your mom with that dirty mouth
Boy don't think I believe any of your lies
There's no way I'm ever going south
For you or even giving you the time of day
If you knew what was best for you now
You would be turning around and walking away

I won't lie to you I've played the fool
More than once I've dated a total tool
Assholes who didn't give back half of what I gave
So I've been learning to take a step back and save
The best parts of me till I know more than
Whether or not they are charming and
Reasonably good in bed
I'm not a feminist for fucks sake, I want
A gentleman who will open the door
For me, but one that doesn't think I can't
Do it for myself, Rub my sore spots
When I ask, and even when I don't
Because I would do it for him
I'm tired of just skimming from the top
Being okay with a few good bits
Instead of being willing to just stop
To walk away and play the field
Till a guy comes along that's worth
Me laying down my shield
Because I won't have to change, just put forth
My own quirky attitude and strange
Approach to the world
Till then I'm trying not to be sold
On any damned fool

No comments:

Post a Comment