The sun disguised itself as the moon
To hide for an afternoon
I looked down as I walked and
I was not fooled
Well maybe for a moment
The day had been the hazy sort that sent
Thoughts in all directions
Making you want to do everything
Or stay in bed, be lazy, and do nothing
Except have happy recollections
I had watched the waves curling
While surfers rode them as best they could
The sets were coming in small and the tide swirling some
The water was a dark blue grey on the surface
But a lovely aqua green within the ocean swells
Old surfers that are young at heart kept pace
With the tides, their hearts beating strong and well
On my walk away from the sandy beach
I looked down and was reminded
How we can find things that have such a stark
Contrast to one another, light and dark
A grey day but with so many bright parts
A dirty dark street making such a pretty picture
Water reflecting the trees being moved by the breeze
The sun momentarily as an unmoving fixture
That looks like the moon in it's silver shade
Due to the overcast marine layer that made
The day only appear quite dreary
No comments:
Post a Comment