Thursday, September 2, 2010

We are human after all...

Most of us, at least the Crazy wonderful people I know and love
Are very unlike animals, we go beyond just living to survive
Though it is often paycheck to paycheck, similar to meal to meal
We find adventures to have and altruistic projects to take on
One of the things about being human is the consistent
Utter lack of consistency and persistent 
Change from day to day, From mood to activity
Switching from a Fabulous Hot Mess
To frustrated disaster spiraling into misery
Only to switch back sometimes almost instantly
Certainly many of us get stuck in ruts of monotony
Some are content with living in a blur of disengagement
I cherish the roller coaster and living for the moment
Sometimes it can be weary and exhausting
I've learned to lean on friends when I'm finding 
Myself lost, to pick me up, turn up the radio 
Get me dancing and singing and losing myself 
In the best sort of way
Sure there is some routine in the day to day
No matter who you are, and it is best to stay
True to who you are, no matter what others say
Have fun and live your own way
Feel free to fuck up and fall down
To need to scream or be totally silly
We are human after all...



No comments:

Post a Comment