Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Grey Matter Parasites

I have to stay busy you know
To keep the synapses active in my brain
Then their electrical impulses can zap
The hungry worms that move around
The grey matter that try to gobble up
All my good memories and tangle things up
Creating thoughts of confusion and paranoia
Can’t pause for too long
Lest they eat up the day that we made plans
For tomorrow & laughed about yesterday
Sometimes I even think I can hear the crunching
That they make as they make snacks of my thoughts
But then it’s just the neighbors next door
Sometimes I think I can hear them slithering
As they move between my imagination and reason
But it’s just the wind picking up outside
If I stay busy I think they’ll stay away
From the color of your eyes
And what I was supposed to get done today

No comments:

Post a Comment