Just because I’m busy doesn’t mean I don’t want to hear from you
Just because you’re busy doesn’t mean you can’t find the time
To tell me Hi every once in a while
Guess it seems silly to you and maybe it is
Seems silly to me that I care, that I wonder, or let it bother me
Believe me I wish I could shut that part of my brain off
Get myself to understand that one does not have to do
With the other, that not calling, is not the same as not caring
I know the truth, but my mind still creates imaginary
Scenarios in which the world is lopsided and I’m on the
Narrow side unable to see or be a part of the rest of things
Does this make sense?
Just as well I don’t understand it myself
What gives you the right to go on living and doing
Things without involving me
What makes me want to be involved when I want to
Live my own life
Why do I ask for things I do not want?
Why is this not good enough and if it isn’t
Why can’t I just walk away?
Maybe it’s more than I want, it’s certainly
Not what I asked for, but then that’s serendipity
I want you to tell me, let me in on the secrets
You seem to be hiding
But I don’t want to you change or have to say
A thing you don’t want to
What is it we need and will it ever be enough
I can’t seem to feed this empty confused place
That lives inside of me like a black hole in my belly
Yet every so often it’s simply satisfied and
I don’t know what to do with myself
But smile or giggle and give you a strange look
Just so you know I refuse to wait by the phone
But I would like it if you called at some point
Though if you do I might not answer anyway
No comments:
Post a Comment