I have given up on a great many things
But never really on you or on me
I have pretended to be less than I am
But part of me has always known who I am
And who I can be, no matter the doubts seen
I have said more than I meant to
More than I should have said to
You or anyone else, stepped over the edge
Again and again, passed the norms of expected
Actions from everyday social interaction
Overstepped my bounds & said too much
Overstayed my welcome or walked away too soon
I can't really say which is the truth
Which was the case in the fitting situation
If I had gone to far or not far enough
Said too much or not enough
I haven't got it all figured out and won't
Pretend that I do nor act the idiot
That will play along with the games
That others want to set up for me
Like I'm some lame duck
Willing to follow along without questioning
What has been said to me & my friends
No comments:
Post a Comment