Yes it’s true, I apologize too much
Except when it’s socially correct
I stare off into space and go away
To who knows where for periods of time
And when I get back I say strange things
That usually make sense, to me at least
Though sometimes to no one at all
I give too much of myself & settle in too quickly
Yet hold pieces of myself from everyone
I run away all the time, in my mind
But always come back or find somewhere
Else to go
You think you know me so well
But believe me when I tell you that you don’t
Though you may know me better than myself
My quirks are many
I giggle at odd moments or stay oddly silent
Seem far more serious than I ever am
Obsess on silly things & distract easily
I talk too much and interrupt
I giggle at odd moments or stay oddly silent
Seem far more serious than I ever am
Obsess on silly things & distract easily
I talk too much and interrupt
I rarely say what I really mean
Though I never intentionally lie or hide
Well sometimes
Though I never intentionally lie or hide
Well sometimes
But because it’s safer for both you and I
That way
I have trouble finding the right words
And I’m never on time
I know things will go wrong
But believe they’ll work out in the end
I’m overly polite, kind and compassionate
Yet part of me doesn’t fucking care at all
If you stay a while I’ll probably drive you away
But maybe we’ll find a space that we’re
Both comfortable with
A certain pleasant mix of solitude and together
An unset and not unsettling schedule
I do believe anything is possible
I just don’t believe that a lot of things are likely
To happen, just because they can or could
If you ask me I’ll likely remember the answer
Hours later after you’ve fallen asleep
Or tell you something close enough to the truth
If you walk away I’ll want you to stay
If you stay I’ll walk away or stay too long
I can try harder to do more and will
But for now these are the words I have
The accomplishments I have managed
And as disappointing as they may seem at times
They are enough, as am I
Don’t put me on a pedestal and I won’t spit on you
Don’t spit on me or ignore me and you may
Find I’m worth having by your side
I need my own time & space as do you
Sometimes neither will ever be enough
Or far too painfully much
Sometimes it will be seemingly perfect
Either way, as fucked up as it can get
It is what it is and I am who I am
And I'm tired of apologizing for that
Of making excuses for not being good enough
Or cool enough to know what band is on the radio
Or who invented what or to care what the reasoning is
Behind it all, it is what it is
I am who I am
I may never be satisfied with that and that's life
But if you're not, then do me a favor and walk away
Sooner than later
Because I may work to better my faults
But you have no more right to try to change me
Then I do to try to change you
If I try to then I do apologize, I never meant to
No comments:
Post a Comment