Thursday, February 9, 2012

Missing a friend...

The sunlight played across your face
It hid the shadows instead of deepening them
Your voice carried on the wind like
A sweet melody and I never heard
All the bitter chords in between the chorus
You never lied to me it's true
There's never a day that I'll rue
Having known you
Can I help that I cared too much
Saw and heard what I wanted to
Now you are far away doing
Your own thing, being you
Things are good here
Everything is fine with me
I'm glad it is also with you
I hear on the wire stories
Of hardships but mostly success
Your voice I think I hear in whispers
Sometimes on the wind
I know you are not gone forever
Maybe a day or years away
Just far enough for a friend
To admit that she misses
You a bit
There are not enough wishes
In the world to change things
Nor should I try to buy
A little more time
Things would be the same again
Down the road I know
But I would walk that line anytime
With you no matter how foolish it is
I would not go back and change
A thing, not a single one
Well I like to think that's true
To not look back with any sorrow
I try not to wonder what you
Think of it all



No comments:

Post a Comment