I've made mistakes I'll make again
Learned lessons that I'll have to relearn
Forgotten moments & promises made
I'll laugh till my stomach is in pain
I'll feel my heart burn
Have loved ones come to my aide
While others disappear with out warning
This life is not for the weak of heart
It'll beat you down any chance it gets
Little about it is fair
Yet all around there is beauty & art
Opportunities come from upsets
It doesn't matter how I start
I can't play it too safe with my bets
Nor can I be 'all in' everyday
Playing everything I've got
In no time I'd waste away
But there are things worth being fought for
Even with the risk that they might not stay
There are things that need to be sought out
Instead of waiting for the right day
No one can promise it'll get any easier
That some days won't be hell
That when I try I won't fail
I can't expect anyone to catch me
When I fall down
Nor applaud my actions when
I get back up again
Yet for all my accidents & embarrassments
I know a friend
Is never too far away for too long
Not to be by my side soon
To share in a laugh at my expense
And offer a hand of assistance
No comments:
Post a Comment