The stars are further away
Now that you've returned
To this place that you
Once knew so well
Not everything has changed
Yet so very much has
Then there is me waiting and
Watching for a meteor shower
Hoping to catch a falling star
And missing the point of it all
Somewhere in the middle we meet
Not knowing what direction to turn
Not really caring either
Just finding our own way to go
We cross paths again and again
We part ways again and again
A little more and not much less
Do we learn as we go
We've changed each other
You and I
Too much or too little
Who can know
Neither one of us has the answers
To the questions that we have
We have our own rhythm
As our breath rises & falls
At dissimilar measures
Our hearts each beat at
Distinctly different tempos
It is yet unseen if we form a
Harmony or create dissonance
There are no right words or actions
I have no final words for you
Though we all hope for a happy ending
I hope the story never comes to a close
No comments:
Post a Comment