The moon hung low
Beyond the construction site
A random piece of debris
Floated twisting a bit at eye level
Some things have to be destroyed
To be built again stronger
There are some mysteries
That are questions we can't answer
Not that I'm saying not to try
But in the flower and it's smell is beauty
That we do not need to find
The reasons for them to be
I want to be as lighthearted as
That bit of foam I saw the winds
Carry so far above the Cliffs of Moher
That it landed softly on our heads
To not let myself be weighted down
By trivial worries that make me frown
Making me pause to think about it
Instead of just laughing about it
I saw a big shooting star pass over
You said it was space trash
I thought that that lessened it a bit
Then I realized how magnificent
If trash can become somebodies wish
That no matter what you believe in
I think putting our hopes out there
Helps us make them come true
If it's at all possible and
I know things that are unlikely
Happen every single day
In all kinds of strange ways
So I think on these things
When I need to find a reason
To smile
No comments:
Post a Comment