I said no more games
So you put away the cards
And got out the dice
Thinking a new set of rules
Would make all the difference
Maybe it would if we weren't
So obsessed with breaking them
And telling lies about what we
Really want out of life
So roll and see if you like
The numbers you read
See if they'll make you happy
I'll be over here blowing bubbles
While I make up a new ending
To this story
The steady trickle of blood
From your bleeding heart
Smells of old pennies and regret
I'm not the answer to the
Questions you won't even ask
No matter you many times
You cut you'll never get
Deep enough to let go
Of all the mistakes of your past
When you see me walking away
Don't call out to me
I can't hear you anymore anyway
Just a hay penny for a dance card
A swirl about the room
A moment so very far
From your daily grind and reality
The song will end soon
But in the meantime you can get
Lost in the music and lights
All it costs is a smile
And just a little change
To get away for a little while
Except for a trick dime
Each coin has two sides
Both can not be seen
At the same time
It may be covered in dirt
Grime and oxidation
But beneath the layers
It is still a shiny dime
Unless irrevocably corroded
We can not show everything
That we are at all times
We don't always mean to
Hide our faces and intentions
Most of us clean up fine
While some would be lost
If they washed away their disguise
No comments:
Post a Comment