Sunday, February 10, 2013

If I don't wake up tomorrow...

Some days I feel like I've made mistakes
That there is no way I'll ever be able to make
Up for even after I am laid down
I still hope someone will be willing to
Give me a proper wake
To toast my life and not fake
Any of the words to relay
The feelings or the thoughts of the day
Will any of them have the guts to
Dance on my grave
I'd applaud a bit of east coast swing
Or even an Irish jig if someone was
Willing to try to pull it off
Am I being to morbid
To mention any of this
Or am I just being clear in the
Hear and the now
As to what I'd would prefer
If some less desirable
Reality were to occur
I'd rather you find some
Silly reason to laugh
Or a good song to listen to
Then to dwell on my loss
I haven't the words to make
It any easier in the least

No comments:

Post a Comment