It's morning and the world is grey
As usual I don't know what to say
And I'm sure I said all the wrong things
Even if I had my own set of wings
I could not fly away from my troubles
They would follow me through
Air and sea, desert and forest
I must find a way to face them head on
No matter how rough the road may be
There is blue sky peaking through
And a sparkle to the water
A silver lining to every cloud
So while I may not have the right words
I must speak them anyway and face
The outcome if I am to move forward
I may cry to easily sometimes or
Laugh at the wrong moments
Talk a mile a moment or get really quiet
Say things I don't mean unintentionally
Tell the same story three more times
Drink a little too much after not eating enough
Talk too much without really saying anything
But sometimes I can come up with
A perfect one liner to make you smile again
And I'll always be there to pick you up
When you stumble or need a shoulder
To lean on or an ear to listen
I'm not perfect and neither are you
We both know this so I don't know
What we are each running away from
Or what keeps driving us apart
I don't think my mistakes are unforgivable
Nor do your quirks make you undesirable
Time does not heal all wounds
At least not time alone
Some have to be treated and dealt with
Or they will begin to rot and fester
Friendships have been lost for less
But all I can do is say I am sorry
I never meant to cause you harm or worry
Never meant to show you any disrespect
Just trying to my best with the cards
That I have been dealt
Sometimes I make wrong turns and get lost
But I've found that can be the best way
To find roads to places unseen before
So sometimes I wander and stray
Do stupid things and say horrible things
Test the waters or take crazy risks
Maybe it not always the best way to be
Maybe sometimes it's just right
But I am trying to do my best
To learn from my mistakes
To take criticism and take any hit
With a grain of salt, to not be fake
To anyone including myself
So I hope we can find the rainbow
At the end of all of this storm
That when the clouds to clear
We do not simply see destruction
In our wake but possibility and hope
Opportunity and the ability to cope
With whatever obstacle that is thrown
Our way
That we will be better people
For what we've come through
No comments:
Post a Comment