The sun will shine when morning comes
Whether it is hidden by clouds
Whether or not you call
I'll rise and if it is a work day
I'll get myself ready for what's ahead
If it's not then I'll dance or read
Maybe run errands that need to be ran
I'll twirl around to the sound of a song
Only I can hear
Sometimes I'll wish you were near
Maybe even fear the worst
Because that's how I was raised
A bunch of worry warts in my family
But then I'll watch a hummingbird feed
I'll see a ray of light pass through
And I'll walk on listening to that song
Only I can hear
I'll step off the edge with no fear
Make wishes on dandelions in the day
And on the stars in the night time
Throw coins into wells and fountains
Leap into things that I shouldn't
Walk out onto the hot sand
Knowing soon I'll stand in cool waters
What am I trying to say
You will ask me one day
I won't have an answer
If you can deal with that then
I know we'll be alright
So for now I'll just say good night
Knowing the sun will rise
In the sky tomorrow
And even if it's grey, it'll be okay
No comments:
Post a Comment